Qlik Map is part of QlikView’s first foray into the world of mapping visualizations. Using OpenSource technologies such as OpenLayers and OpenStreetMaps, this extension will take geographical data that has been loaded into QlikView and visualize it over the top of a map. The Qlik Map extension gives the user the ability to either draw dots, lines, or polygon shapes, then color and/or shade them based on data.
This extension and the SVG Map extension represent QlikView’s desire to make simple and basic mapping easier while continuing to look to our partners for complex and heavy geospatial visualizations. They will both be converted to work with QlikView 12 upon the product’s release.
- Very Good. Really very useful. Few minor issues. Review by Dick Wall
OverallAll in all this is a brilliant wee extension. It is not a GIS truck and will collapse under huge amounts of data. Think of it as more of a clever, efficient fast and low cost wee European Car. IF you can keep the luggage down it'll take you all sorts of great places.
When you get it working it's very good. I was taking a large block of data and found that the app slows and crashes with more than 20,000 or 30,000 points. The doc says 100,000. Heigh Ho. Mine might be complex dots or a lower capacity PC!
1) To avoid it freezing there is a tick box in Options. When "Use Show Condition" is ticked you can add an expression that if exceeded the control doesn't show at all. This is a 'good thing' because it stops you grinding to a messy, rebooting, slow death of drowning in treacle. Use it. Set it to say 10,000 points then let it go upwards as you probe the capacity of your PC.
I used "Sum (PointCounter)<30000" to limit it to 30,000.
2) I'm sure that the latitude and longitude need to be the wrong way round. The doc says lat,long. I ended up with Edinburgh in the Indian Ocean. Long,Lat and it returned home. I've checked it and I'm sure I'm right.
3) Read the instructions for the colour, dot size and measurement. Keep them small and simple at first and then elaborate.
All in all this is a brilliant wee extension.
(Posted on 2/13/13)
- Upgrading solved the problem Review by Göran
OverallDisregard the previous rating - I was running QV 11 SR1, which was not ideal for running extensions, it turned out.
Upgrading to latest version made all the problems go away.
Very nice extension!! (Posted on 2/12/13)
Partner Website: www.qlikview.com
Support URL: http://www.qlikview.com/us/services/support
QlikTech was founded on the belief that business intelligence (BI) should be about business users. Traditional BI solutions have become bloated, complex software stacks, leaving users confused and frustrated. For 18 years, QlikTech has focused on simplifying decision making for business users across organizations. We pioneered new approaches to accessing, managing, and interacting with data. Our QlikView Business Discovery platform is recognized as a groundbreaking solution. Combined with a relentless focus on customer success and a vibrant, passionate user community, it’s no wonder more than 25,000 companies in over 100 countries use QlikView, with an industry-leading 96% satisfaction rate.